The sale of your Timeshare is of tremendous importance to one person -- you! If your resort does not have a resale program available, where do you turn? Do you try to sell timeshare it yourself? That's too expensive and impractical. Finding a sales representative who shares your interest is by far the most effective and expedient way to get your property on the market and available to buyers. Here are some suggestions to help you locate the right company to market and help sell your property.
Choose a Professionally Licensed Real Estate Company
There are some resale companies in the timeshare secondary market who are not licensed real estate brokers. To protect your interests and to ensure ethical and competent marketing practices, simply assure yourself that you will choose a company that is in fact a licensed real estate broker.
Remember - Timeshare is a Specialized Field of Real Estate. So... Choose a Specialist!
The vacation timeshare resale market is not at all like "selling the house down the street!" It is a specialized field of real estate that requires specialized marketing expertise. The resale industry is international in scope and has unique characteristics requiring extensive knowledge and experience.
Therefore, concentrate exclusively on licensed real estate companies that specialize in timeshare resales.
- Inexperience in this field of sales can be very detrimental to both buyer and seller.
- Not many real estate companies are "resort-knowledgeable" nor do they fully understand the various concepts of timesharing.
- Most do not have the extensive international advertising and marketing capabilities necessary to maximize exposure of your property in order to create the responses required.
Sellers.... You Need to Ask Questions And Feel at Ease With the Answers You Receive.
When you contact an independent resale company, following are some recommended, sample questions to ask them:
- How long has your company been in business?
- Has it been under original management during that period?
- Do all of your Sales Associates hold a real estate license?
- Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors?
- In what other professional organizations do you have membership?
- How will you advertise my property?
- Will I be notified with all offers on my property?
- When a buyer is found, do you have ready access to Title Companies who specialize in closing Timeshare? Will I have to be present at the closing?
- How long after it goes to title can I expect funding?
Buying a vacation timeshare is probably one of the smartest vacation-related steps you will ever take; and buying on the "secondary market" from individual owners is one of the wisest moves you will ever make! Here are some of the reasons why vacation ownership is in such demand:
Said simply, "Timesharing is buying only that period of time (your share) of a beautiful resort which you can sensibly use during the year." It makes economical sense. Upgrade your vacation to enjoy a fully equipped condominium resort experience and delight in the exclusive atmosphere of your very own resort. No more overpriced, cramped hotel/motel rooms! Remember, you can save money by putting your vacation dollars into something that is yours to enjoy year after year!
There are many excellent bargains available in the timeshare secondary market. The very same timeshare accommodations that you would purchase direct from a resort -- can be purchased from an individual owner generally at extremely attractive prices through a resale company. Remember... when it comes to Vacation Ownership, Resale beats Retail!
The choice is yours. Whether you seek elegant accommodations at exotic destinations or a rustic mountain cabin near a clear, beautiful lake; if it's world class entertainment or a romantic getaway; sunny beaches or the excitement of the ski slopes, there is a resort tailor-made for YOU! Many resorts have amenities such as kitchens (where you won't be forced to expensively dine out), saunas, fireplaces, playgrounds, washers, dryers, athletic facilities, etc. Options include one, two and three bedroom facilities. These are among the many reasons why Vacation Ownership has attracted over 3.1 million households!
- Whether you are a "seasoned" buyer (vacation timeshares are usually purchased in increments of one week; however, many owners have multiple weeks for their use during the year) or if you are taking advantage of timesharing opportunities for the very "first-time", vacation ownership offers you flexibility, convenience, security and the confidence that your vacations will be guaranteed for you and your family. No more reservation mixups or getting "bumped" due to overbooking. Hassle-free vacations are great!
- Another big plus to vacation ownership is the exchange feature. You can spend one vacation at the beach and the next one, through your exchange privilege, at a comparable resort on the ski slopes, at a theme park, etc.
- If your "home resort" is close to your city of residence, typically, you can take advantage of your resort's amenities year round (i.e. boat launch, marina, tennis courts, golf course, swimming pool, picnics, athletic facilities, etc.)